Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Minecraft on OS/161.

Woo! Willis and I are making progress with OS. A good chunk of the file system calls are done. There is still some work to do there (like solving some synchronization concerns), but I think we can make the deadline.

I can run 2 player Tic-Tac-Toe now! Woo. Next step: Minecraft. That better be worth bonus marks or something. I wonder how hard it would be to get the JVM running on OS/161. Perhaps I should get basic files working properly first...

I am getting more and more excited for Winter term. A bunch of us will be in Waterloo this time, so it should be a lot of fun. I've never had a work term in Waterloo, so I'm excited to see all the antics I can get into with university friends. :P

In other news, I saw Red a few days ago. It was phenomenal. It reminded me a little of Kick-ass, though I'm not sure why. Both were outrageous and hilarious.

Okay, I'm off to figure out how to deal with EOFs in sys_read. Exhilarating, I know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment