Friday, November 5, 2010

Genetic Algorithms and Mario

Genetic Algorithm for Mario AI

So genetic algorithms are getting really cool. I wish I had more time to play with these things. I wonder how much more they can do with these kinds of algorithms. Maybe if it gets more popular, Waterloo would ever offer a course on it. I would take it.

Hopefully I will be able to take the Machine Learning course at some point. It's one of those 'special offering' courses that get offered at very arbitrary times, so I have to hope I get lucky. Apparently the wheels of beaurocracy are turning for making this an official course. I hear those wheels turn very slowly though... :/

I wonder if it's possible to do machine learning through genetic programming, like having a genetic algorithm find spam rules or something. Maybe I'll ask Shai Ben-David if I ever see him on campus. Or if I can catch that course.

In other news, OS is coming along nicely. Todo checklist:
- Fork
- Waitpid
- Exit
- Execv
- Miscellaneous testing and bug fixes

Thankfully, those first 3 points are well underway and will, hopefully, be done today.

*Sigh* Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment