Monday, January 3, 2011

First Day!

I just finished my first day at Karos Health! It was a lot of fun. I did a lot of reading on all their software and how it works. I also got to participate in a sprint planning meeting. It was certainly a fast introduction into the company and their products! I even got to play planning poker! Very cool! I've always wanted to do that. I will be working on really cool networking software that connects healthcare vendors, though I can't talk about all the details. :P

I got to use Mac's OS X for a decent amount of consecutive time. I've learned that Expose is really, really awesome, although I wouldn't switch to OS X for it. I like Windows more in general, though I wish it had expose.

After work, I got sushi with Dani. She met me outside my office. :) Yummyaki gets our coveted sushi seal of approval!

Now time to do some more research on work stuff, so I'm not completely dumb for tomorrow. :P

I hope your first day of work/school went well (if applicable :P)!

1 comment:

  1. Re first day:

    Pros: Landed a job with the only department in the company with a dress code of casual (i.e. jeans), did not need a medical examination for TB, excellent drug plan.

    Cons: Work does not require work boots, I'm hoping to land a job one day that does so I can buy a pair and reimburse them. Some off my classmates had positions that did and they went shoe shopping afterwards.

    ReplyDelete