Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Start Of The Term

The term started yesterday, and things are already getting busy. I think my blogging frequency is going to be much, much lower this semester. :/

The first Real-Time assignment is out, and it's very intimidating: 7 days to create a command line interface for the trains, including real-time displays for a lot of data about the train system. All this without an operating system. This is going to be a hell of a semester. Lessons learned so far:
1) makefiles suck
2) operating systems are useful

I changed my schedule a little. For one, I dropped History of Mathematics. Although it seems very interesting, I don't think that I could handle the work load with RT. Apparently the course involves a lot of researching and writing. I will however, sit in on the class. Listening to Steven Furino lecture is a pleasure, and I have a lot of time to kill between classes on those days. I also might pick up Networks. I'm currently on the waiting list for it, but I don't know if I actually want to take 4 courses or not. I've heard that networks is a pretty easy course, so we'll see.

The first REAP meeting is today too. I'm looking forward to meeting the whole team. I'm also looking forward to playing with these Microtiles. I watch about an hour long training video on them yesterday, but that's not as fun (or educational) as actually playing with them.

Looks like this will be a very busy, but fun, semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment