Thursday, April 7, 2011

New Projects At Work

I haven't been posting as often as I usually do, mostly because I've been extra busy at work. I started working on a different project this week with my team. It's very exciting, since this is a production application that will be used by real institutions very very soon. The previous project I was working on was a research project, so obviously the quality and usability requirements are very different. I can't say things like "We'll deal with that later" anymore. :P Not too mention it has to play nice with other vendors. Let me tell you. This is not an easy thing to accomplish. The standards that exist are not as useful as I would expect.

I also need to start working on that silly work term report soon. I'm writing it on RESTful API design. I've worked on half a dozen of these APIs this work term, so I think it should be fairly straightforward to write. Hopefully it won't be too painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment