Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2 Free Car Challenge

So here's the game. Someone will give you any two cars of your choice, under the condition that you can't sell them for money. What two cars would you get?

The first car is a no brainer for me: Aston Martin Rapide.

This is easily one of the most aesthetically pleasing cars I've ever seen, and it has 4 doors so it's practical. About as practical as a V12, 470bhp car can be. You can drive the kids to school in it! When you're not comfortably driving back and forth to work, you can do 0-100km/h in 5.2 seconds. Not the fastest thing in the world, but good enough. Astons were never really fast (especially for their price), but they look fantastic and are probably fast enough if you are racing your friends home from a restaurant to reclaim the good parking space.

So that's one down, what about the second car? Well I have something somewhat reasonable for day-to-day driving, so I thought about something really fun and a little outrageous. A sporty roadster comes to mind. Unfortunately I had a problem choosing a roadster that I actually liked. Originally I thought about an SLK, but that seemed too boring. Then there's the Aston Martin Vantage Roadster and the Jaguar XKR Convertable. Both seem too similar to the Rapide, and a little too tame. I wanted something more ridiculous, but not Aventator ridiculous.

Enter R8 Spyder:

While it's not as beautiful as the normal R8, it still looks fantastic in my books. It certainly seems fun, and it's definitely a little outrageous. It has a V10 that produces 525bhp, and it can do 0-100km/h in 4.1 seconds. Seems like almost the perfect track car, and it's ideal for that European road trip I'm planning (It's less suited for the Colombian one).

I think this is better (though probably less practical) than a friend, who picked some of the ugliest cars I've seen. D= and D=. What would you choose?

I spent too much time one this, and not enough time studying for Databases. Oh well.




7 comments:

  1. "...if you are racing your friends home from a restaurant to reclaim the good parking space."

    What if that same gentleman gave your friend a 500bhp turbo 4.8L V8 Panamera...hybrid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cops will impound both cars is the answer actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doesn't sound particularly practical. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you want this for your roadster: http://bit.ly/xEmfN9

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will rec. Chrysler INTREPID

    ReplyDelete